I don't even want to talk about how much time I generally "waste" online... I just want to change it.
Last night I made a list of the things I've neglected, wanted to try or do for a while, or just want to spend more time on. Not in any particular order, just what came to mind as I brainstormed:
- Sew - Pillows, Reconstructed Denim Skirts for myself and the girl, Curtains... floor cushions, dresses for Chickie. Lots of projects half done, bugging me!
- Scrapbook - Monkey and Chickie have empty scrap and baby books. Bug has three lovingly crafted full books. I have guilt.
- Make yogurt.
- Make bread consistently.
- Try once a month (once every two weeks?) cooking.
- Try new recipes.
- Read more. Frequent the library.
- Take the kids to the park more often. To the gymnastics center. To Bouncin' Bears.
- Spend more time with each of the kids individually every day.
- Do more crafts. (I loathe most kid's crafts. Bug LOVES crafts. It's a worthy sacrifice.)
- Read to the kids more often.
- Play WITH the kids more. Stop telling them to "go play", and GO. Play.
- Eat healthy consistently. Plan meals. Eat out less.
- DAILY devotions. Pray more.
- Go to the gym consistently.
- Turn off the TV when the kids are in bed and just hang out with the Papa in the silence. =)
So. There you have it.
I'm also going to finish my decluttering and major cleanout, in prep for a garage sale while the Papa and boys are gone to visit his mom in a couple of weeks. (The Papa can't stand the mere thought of garage sales, so I thought I'd spare him!)
I'll report back. =)