Sunday, September 13, 2009

"There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.”

Margaret Elizabeth Sangster must have loved homecomings. I know I do. There's something about the warmth and comfort of just being... at home. It's even more pleasant when the weather is blustery and gray, when you come inside to light and laughter, warmth and good smells. A fuzzy blanket, slippers, a fire... hot tea. Mmmm. I love to come home in the fall.

We've made the decision to homeschool again. After three short weeks of first grade for Bug at the immersion school, not a day going by without a sense of unease and discontent in my spirit... It wasn't the school itself - not even a little bit. By all measures, it is a remarkable public charter option. Our choice is no reflection on the teachers or school.

I'll just say that there's nothing like the peace that settles when you find yourself right where you should be. I feel like the boulder I've been dragging around has been cut off and I'm floating around with abandon. Not that I'm under any illusion that homeschooling is easy - it ISN'T! But we're certain it's right, right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're at peace Shanna! I feel that very same peace as we're beginning our journey. Praying that this year is productive and brings your family close together!